More threads by Medicareexpert

Reaction score
Hi: For several years, I used my home address for my Health Insurance business and showed up on the top of local search where I obtained a lot of new clients. Last year I moved out of State and my local business listing in Florida was suspended as well as my new home office location out of state. I researched the reasons why it was suspended and came to the conclusion it was because I was using my home address.

When I applied for reinstatement last month, I switched my business to a Service Business without my home address. My Google listing was reinstated a few weeks ago but can not be found anywhere on Google Maps or using local search even though I included my city in my Service area. 10 days ago, I changed my profile and added back in my home address. I have a county business license showing my home address and I do meet with clients in my home office. As soon as I did this,, Google asked me to verify my business again by taking and uploading a business video. I included all the elements they requested, uploaded the video to Google and when I've been checking my Business dashboard. Google states it takes 5 business days to get a response but as of today, my Dashboard shows "Google is reviewing your Business". Is there anyone on this forum who works with or is a Google Business expert who can help me so I can get leads from Google again.
My website if The Best Florida Medicare Plans For You (561) 704-9302 Free Quotes and my business is Florida Seniors Health Insurance.

Solution
They may take longer to approve it, depending on how busy they are, I would wait another week or two. You can also contact them through your Google listing, just click the three dots at the top right on your dashboard and looks for Help and Support.

Be aware that a home-based business is tricky to handle if you want to show your address. Google typically likes to see some permanent signage to demonstrate that your home is really an office where customers can show up. Sticking a sign in your window won't cut it. As long as you satisfy that, you should be ok, though I can't say how easy the verification process will be. But it sounds like you have all the other documentation you'll need, so just be persistent.

btw, I just did a quick...
Just to clarify, your original business was in Florida, but you have now moved out of state? And did you create a new Google listing with that out of state address, as well as keep the original one? If so, do you also still have residency in Florida, such that you are wanting to service that community?

Just to clarify, your original business was in Florida, but you have now moved out of state? And did you create a new Google listing with that out of state address, as well as keep the original one? If so, do you also still have residency in Florida, such that you are wanting to service that community?

Hi Tony: I moved back to Florida and sold my home in North Carolina several months ago. I meet with clients in my Florida home now. Google approved my business as a Service Business Profile, but I discovered it's not searchable on Google Maps on in my Category. I can only find it on Google when I type in the exact name. I want to switch to a Local Business Profile. I qualify to do that since I use my current Florida home address as my business address, have a LLC Business through the State of Florida, a checking account in the business name, a current License from the County I live in at my home address, and also use my home address is on the bottom of my website: floridaseniorshealthinsurance.com.Even though the business shows up in my My Google Dashboard states the business is "not verified" and the only option they give me is to verify with a Business Video. I took the business video showing the front of my home with the address and my office inside and business items I use, and my business license, etc. I uploaded the video to Google 2 weeks ago. They never responded to the video, so I don't know if I need to take a new one. I need someone to contact Google and find out what's going on. Can you do that?

They may take longer to approve it, depending on how busy they are, I would wait another week or two. You can also contact them through your Google listing, just click the three dots at the top right on your dashboard and looks for Help and Support.

Be aware that a home-based business is tricky to handle if you want to show your address. Google typically likes to see some permanent signage to demonstrate that your home is really an office where customers can show up. Sticking a sign in your window won't cut it. As long as you satisfy that, you should be ok, though I can't say how easy the verification process will be. But it sounds like you have all the other documentation you'll need, so just be persistent.

btw, I just did a quick search in your area and I do see your listing pop up, it shows as a Service Area Business, so the listing looks active. You should add some photos.

Solution

btw, I just did a quick search in your area and I do see your listing pop up, it shows as a Service Area Business, so the listing looks active. You should add some photos.

My business was finally verified on Monday through a Video call with a live agent using Google Meeting. The agent wanted to know how I meet with customers, and I told him when I have a local appointment in person, I drive to the client's home. Then the Google Agent requested to see the car I use. I had to go out to my car in the garage and show him the car, turn it on and show him the mileage. In addition, he took a picture of my license plate. After checking out my car, he told me to wait 2-3 minutes and he came back and told me the business was now verified as a Service Business.

Now that it's been verified for a few days, I'm going to enhance my listing by adding some pictures and categories.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom