More threads by oprice

oprice

Reaction score
My client currently has two GBP listings in the same city. They have two separate locations in the city, though they are planning to move out of the original office in a couple of months. It is a service-based business and they do see clients at both locations. Since both offices are in the same city, we have the website listed on both GBPs going to the same landing page but are not seeing much movement in the three-pack. Should we create a new landing page for one of the GBPs?

Do not create a new landing page if they are in the same city. We have a video coming in the next few months on our YouTube channel that shows some testing we did around this but the TLDR is that you don't really want multiple location pages targeting the same city.

Depending on the industry, the issue might be that the older location has enough prominence to rank in the area that the newer location is in. If that's the case, it will just likely filter out the new location for at least 6 months until that location starts building up some prominence. The best way to move this along is to get lots of reviews on the new location.

Do not create a new landing page if they are in the same city. We have a video coming in the next few months on our YouTube channel that shows some testing we did around this but the TLDR is that you don't really want multiple location pages targeting the same city.

Depending on the industry, the issue might be that the older location has enough prominence to rank in the area that the newer location is in. If that's the case, it will just likely filter out the new location for at least 6 months until that location starts building up some prominence. The best way to move this along is to get lots of reviews on the new location.

Interesting. I have two locations in the same city , different suburbs. I have sub pages for each location on my site but the GBPs are both linked to the overall home page which is not specific to either location. Are you saying the mere existence of the location sub pages is detrimental ? Or just not to link to them as a landing page?

Usually when you have 2, one will rank organically and the other would not. If that's not the case for you, I would leave them as is. If you're finding only one is ranking organically for non-branded terms, then I would look at combining them.

Usually when you have 2, one will rank organically and the other would not. If that's not the case for you, I would leave them as is. If you're finding only one is ranking organically for non-branded terms, then I would look at combining them.

It tends to switch back and forth between them as to which one ranks for organic terms. Frustratingly, neither rank for "near me" searches outside of their immediate vicinity. With the City name included, one of them is #1 right across the city.

Do you mean combine the two GBP profiles into one? There are actually two physical locations that clients actually attend.

No, I'm strictly talking about what to do with the website and those location pages. Based on what you're describing, it sounds like you should combine them, but I really want to give the disclaimer that I know nothing about the site, have no insights into the search results and how it's ranking, so please make sure you look at all that stuff before doing anything. I'm always hesitant to give out advice blindly.

Definitely an interesting prospect. I wonder how this would work given we actually have two physical locations customers visit. However the areas our customers are located in when they search definitely overlap.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom