Social Icons are Back on Local Knowledge Panels

JoyHawkins

Administrator
It has been a long time since I've seen social media icons on Knowledge Panels for local businesses. As of today I'm seeing them on a ton. Are you seeing the same?

BenFisher

Local Search Expert
Have been seeing them on and off for about a month now, but more frequently today.

Nikos

Good find Joy.

I confirm the appearance of social icons in many local business knowledge graphs.

It should be noted that the social icons only appear on desktop view. I wasn't able to replicate them on mobile.

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
I have not seen them yet either in my wheelhouse (elder care, home health care and hospice, etc).

From where is GMB getting the "same as" link info? From schema markup on the websites' home pages?

Dan Foland

SEO Director at Postali
Local Search Expert
I have a client that has asked us about these in the past.
They mostly wanted the Facebook icon.

Of course, now Google only shows a Google+ icon on their listing. Not exactly useful Google...

Jeffrey

I have not seen them yet either in my wheelhouse (elder care, home health care and hospice, etc).

From where is GMB getting the "same as" link info? From schema markup on the websites' home pages?
Tim is this where google finds your social account? If so, I am assuming if you want to add your other social accounts you would just do it straight through schema?

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
Tim is this where google finds your social account? If so, I am assuming if you want to add your other social accounts you would just do it straight through schema?
I don't know, that is why I was asking. For what it's worth, none of my clients have social accounts showing up in their business profiles yet, and yet they all have proper schema markup with their social media links in sameAs properties.

Jeffrey

Hmm interesting. One of my clients is asking how to get their social profiles to show up on their gmb. I wonder if anyone in this forum knows the trick? Is it just to add the profiles and wait?

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Hmm interesting. One of my clients is asking how to get their social profiles to show up on their gmb. I wonder if anyone in this forum knows the trick? Is it just to add the profiles and wait?
I just skimmed the thread so I may be telling you something you already know but your best bet is sameas in schema markup.

Trending: Most Viewed

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group