More threads by Hec93

Hec93

Reaction score
I have a project where I am already ranking for a given service with my pillar page that covers or talks about all the services provided. The ranking is not particularly high (6-7) position, but it is on the top ten and it is a money kw with high conversion intend. Obviously a cannibalization issue may arise if a create a dedicated page for the service but, at the same time, It might be particularly difficult to get into the top 3 with just the pillar page as it is a very competitive market (plumbing). What do guys recommend? I am struggling already with the leads and I do not want to blow my chances.

Solution
I certainly think you should test creating a separate service page for you money keyword. Check if all the competitors ranking above you have separate service pages or not. Check different versions of your money keyword (i.e plumber near me, plumbing service, plumber [location], best plumber etc) and see what the SERP looks like. Are all those SERPs full of service specific pages? If so you can bet you need one too :)

make sure to add internal links to and from the pillar page to the service page, that is important so Google knows you created a new page and they will follow the link to crawl it from the pillar page.
I certainly think you should test creating a separate service page for you money keyword. Check if all the competitors ranking above you have separate service pages or not. Check different versions of your money keyword (i.e plumber near me, plumbing service, plumber [location], best plumber etc) and see what the SERP looks like. Are all those SERPs full of service specific pages? If so you can bet you need one too :)

make sure to add internal links to and from the pillar page to the service page, that is important so Google knows you created a new page and they will follow the link to crawl it from the pillar page.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom