More threads by Matt Chauhan

Matt Chauhan

Reaction score
We got access to a GBP from our client. The business name is RV Service Club (home-based business), and the address Google shows for the business is 10631 Rampart Ln, Littleton, CO 80125, United States. We got suspended access to their GBP, and the reason for suspension given by Google is "Your access has been suspended because this profile doesn’t follow the guidelines. Edit your business info and learn how to regain access."

The business information displayed in the knowledge panel of the business is quite different from what the client has entered within the dashboard. For example, the address within the dashboard is hidden but Google is displaying the full street address. Business hours are entered in the dashboard, but the knowledge panel doesn't show that.

Also, the client informed us that the business is now registered at an address in Billings, Montana, and is going to stay registered there.

The client wants to target three counties in the state of Florida, Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Manatee County.

Question 1: How do we get the profile reinstated?
Question 2: How do we deal with the address situation?
Question 3: If the GBP is created with Colorado or Montana address, would it be eligible to target service areas in the state of Florida? (2-hour driving distance rule of Google???)

Solution
Hi Matt,

You would need to file for reinstatement to get reinstated. The address issue sounds like a bug. I'd mention that when you file for reinstatement.

If the service area meets the 2 hour limit you should be fine.
Hi Matt,

You would need to file for reinstatement to get reinstated. The address issue sounds like a bug. I'd mention that when you file for reinstatement.

Solution
Hi Matt,

Hi Colan, thanks for your reply. I have tried submitting the reinstatement request and submitted the proof of registration to the business as well but have not gotten a solution from the GBP support.

When you say you've received no solution, what exactly do you mean? Did they deny the reinstatement request? If that's the case, I would reply to the original email and provide additional evidence.

I have received two separate emails from the support. On one, they are asking for proof. I provided them with that but have got no response. It has been about a week.

In the second email, they are saying that the profile doesn't meet the guidelines. They also asked me to reach out to the support again. When I did that, I got a response that a case already exists for this issue, and I should respond to the original communication thread.

I also posted a question in the support community, but nobody is responding there too.

Seems like an impasse. It has been a headache.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom