More threads by Patricia Ptacek

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am checking monthly insights for clients. I am seeing what visually looks like an insight reporting bug for views and wondered if anyone is seeing this as well. I am seeing it across several clients/accounts and across locations for my multi-location clients. There is a trough that begins around 4/5-7 and recovers around 4/12-14. They all look similar to this screenshot. Anyone else seeing this?

Yep I am seeing the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it too much. This is fairly common with insights.

I'm seeing something for a client where all metrics (clicks, views etc) vanish after April 27th.

I am seeing similar dips at the beginning of April across our clients' locations, primarily in map views. We haven't pulled the last 4 days of data yet but I can keep an eye on it!

april dip.png

We do see the dip in views but NOT in actions which means that view is likely to be the culprit (since they are largely bs anyways)

No data collected since the 27th on any location... so I assume that Google just got behind.

I am seeing it consistently in views and actions for the 27th forward.

Hey Barry,

I think they are 2 different issues but I'm not 100% sure if they're widespread or not.

I think they are 2 different issues as well. I have accounts that have a normal view pattern at the beginning of the month that have no views or actions after 4/27.

Found another one this morning that has no data since April 26th. You see it when you switch the view to weekly. Views gives an error message.

On the accounts that I have that are not seasonal, I do not see the dip especially noticeable. The first one is by quarter. Then I wanted to see what was going on for the week and can not open it on any of my accounts. The default view is set to a month then when try to get weekly it errors out.

I call support and got connected here is the US, Michigan I think. Very helpful person and she indicated that they are working on the insights section to make is more responsive. She also said that this was the reason that cannot open 7 day view and will be back available soon. She talked about sharing the screen initially then indicated it would go away.

This one is the long term view

All of the accounts I manage do the same on the weekly view. So where is the data? It can not be based on the last 7 days, not enough traffic based on past numbers it should show something in my mind.

I went to Google Data Studio and ran a date range from the 27th forward and get no data being reported. When I change to The 26th of last month you can see the data stop. But it seems to affect a lot broader category of data than just search vs maps data in this case. I am new to Data Studio but this query is not filtering any account out of the view.

I went to Google Data Studio and ran a date range from the 27th forward and get no data being reported. When I change to The 26th of last month you can see the data stop. But it seems to affect a lot broader category of data than just search vs maps data in this case. I am new to Data Studio but this query is not filtering any account out of the view.

Nice dashboard David!

That is exactly what I see in a lot of accounts Joy.

Hi Dakotawilliams
I can not take credit at all. Just set it up last night since I have not figured out the API, via Jepto and it is there sample starting template. Then from there pretty easy to customize. One account now has weekly information now available and a busier account does not have it available yet. Go figure.

Hello, i been having the same issues with some of my listing.
I cominucaite with Google Support and they confirm in fact that there have been some issues with the insights and in GSC.
The date they gave me was around the 4/26 to 5/5 that was actually when it got fix.

Seeing a drop across all locations for last week (4/28 - 5/4) and even seeing 2 days w/ no data

Capture.PNG

I work in the auto industry with access to over 2k+ GMB accounts. We attributed this to the Google De-Index Bug (as the pattern matches up with the period of time when the Googs was on the struggle bus). Maps are where auto dealers saw the complete collapse of visibility. Phone calls, direction clicks, website visits were all impacted (average of 20% down MoM across those metrics). Keep in mind, April is typically when you see upticks in all performance media due to the weather warming up, people visiting dealerships, dealers selling cars. I can share the majority of accounts are just now reaching their pre-April 4th levels of visibility on Maps (Search by and large recovered quickly).

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is not widespread?
It is widespread but I don't believe it's a reporting snafu. All signs on our end (2,000+ accounts) point to De-Index Bug as the culprit. During that time period, my clients were calling saying they couldn't find themselves on Maps even when doing searches for their dealerships. My hypothesis is > Homepage dropped out of the index, business disappeared off Maps, Core algo essentially breaks, etc. It seems like the Maps algo is much more rigid. My team thinks this is because Maps denote physical places. And the impact of getting that information wrong (like a hospital as an extreme example) has real-life implications. Maps data is tangible, Search is abstract.

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom