GMB Insights Reporting Bug?

Hi all,

I am checking monthly insights for clients. I am seeing what visually looks like an insight reporting bug for views and wondered if anyone is seeing this as well. I am seeing it across several clients/accounts and across locations for my multi-location clients. There is a trough that begins around 4/5-7 and recovers around 4/12-14. They all look similar to this screenshot. Anyone else seeing this?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
Yep I am seeing the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it too much. This is fairly common with insights.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
I'm seeing something for a client where all metrics (clicks, views etc) vanish after April 27th.

krystaltaing

I am seeing similar dips at the beginning of April across our clients' locations, primarily in map views. We haven't pulled the last 4 days of data yet but I can keep an eye on it!

We do see the dip in views but NOT in actions which means that view is likely to be the culprit (since they are largely bs anyways)

No data collected since the 27th on any location... so I assume that Google just got behind.

BenFisher

Local Search Expert
I am seeing it consistently in views and actions for the 27th forward.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Hey Barry,

I think they are 2 different issues but I'm not 100% sure if they're widespread or not.

I think they are 2 different issues as well. I have accounts that have a normal view pattern at the beginning of the month that have no views or actions after 4/27.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Found another one this morning that has no data since April 26th. You see it when you switch the view to weekly. Views gives an error message.

David W Cox

On the accounts that I have that are not seasonal, I do not see the dip especially noticeable. The first one is by quarter. Then I wanted to see what was going on for the week and can not open it on any of my accounts. The default view is set to a month then when try to get weekly it errors out.

I call support and got connected here is the US, Michigan I think. Very helpful person and she indicated that they are working on the insights section to make is more responsive. She also said that this was the reason that cannot open 7 day view and will be back available soon. She talked about sharing the screen initially then indicated it would go away.

This one is the long term view

All of the accounts I manage do the same on the weekly view. So where is the data? It can not be based on the last 7 days, not enough traffic based on past numbers it should show something in my mind.

David W Cox

I went to Google Data Studio and ran a date range from the 27th forward and get no data being reported. When I change to The 26th of last month you can see the data stop. But it seems to affect a lot broader category of data than just search vs maps data in this case. I am new to Data Studio but this query is not filtering any account out of the view.

AndySimpson

Local Search Expert
I went to Google Data Studio and ran a date range from the 27th forward and get no data being reported. When I change to The 26th of last month you can see the data stop. But it seems to affect a lot broader category of data than just search vs maps data in this case. I am new to Data Studio but this query is not filtering any account out of the view.

View attachment 4101
Nice dashboard David!

David W Cox

Hi Dakotawilliams
I can not take credit at all. Just set it up last night since I have not figured out the API, via Jepto and it is there sample starting template. Then from there pretty easy to customize. One account now has weekly information now available and a busier account does not have it available yet. Go figure.

Belen C

Hello, i been having the same issues with some of my listing.
I cominucaite with Google Support and they confirm in fact that there have been some issues with the insights and in GSC.
The date they gave me was around the 4/26 to 5/5 that was actually when it got fix.