More threads by Sherm

Sherm

Reaction score
Hello,

We have a bogus listing up and we are trying to figure out how to get rid of it as it is taking away from our original true listing in Chicago. What do we need to do? Can anyone help with how to get rid of this thing? Ugh The second one is bogus and should be removed because it has our address on it, and we are a SAB. How do we get rid of that thing please?

1689954125143.jpg

Have you tried just making a suggestion? It appears to be unverified and getting rid of those is usually like shooting fish in a barrel.
1689956726399.jpg

1689956743195.jpg

Because one has an address showing and one doesn’t it will unlikely be removed via the Suggest an edit.

You should reach out to support (and when that fails) report via the forum and ask that it be escalated.

How do I find the link to that? This stuff is mind-boggling for laymen. Lol

1. To create a new post at the Google forum goto this page: Google Business Profile Community
  2. Scroll down the page
  3. Select the button that says: Not what you're looking for? Try asking the Help Community Ask now
  4. OR click this link:
    Ask now

Include your business name, your Google Maps business profile URLs and the issue and any case numbers

Solution
Another false GBP Listing with our company address that does not belong to us. We're trying to find a way to get rid of this thing. It doesn't belong to us. And is causing us not to be seen in Maps appropriately.

I had no idea this existed until Colan Nielsen brought it to my attention that we had another profile out there. Ugh!!! This stuff is absolutely frustrating.

This looks like a google-created profile. Could it be that there are listings out there showing the address that google is using (or used in the past) as the basis to create new GBPs? We often have that problem with our clients.

If it is indeed google created, it has no owner and suggestions should get rid of it pretty quickly. Either report as "does not exist", or "private location".

If it is indeed google created, it has no owner and suggestions should get rid of it pretty quickly. Either report as "does not exist", or "private location".

Funny you say that. Every time I do that it says Google verifying your update, then it comes back your update cannot be verified.

I even claimed it and put it under our portal, and then deleted it and it is still there. Someone inside Google doesn't want us showing up for some reason or another. Seems like it should be such an easy fix, especially since SAB's are not supposed to show their address and there is no signage.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom