More threads by Sherm

Sherm

Reaction score
Hello,

We have a bogus listing up and we are trying to figure out how to get rid of it as it is taking away from our original true listing in Chicago. What do we need to do? Can anyone help with how to get rid of this thing? Ugh The second one is bogus and should be removed because it has our address on it, and we are a SAB. How do we get rid of that thing please?

1689954125143.jpg

I even claimed it and put it under our portal, and then deleted it and it is still there. Someone inside Google doesn't want us showing up for some reason or another. Seems like it should be such an easy fix, especially since SAB's are not supposed to show their address and there is no signage.

Hope this will help

Screenshot_20231218-114615.jpg

I even claimed it and put it under our portal, and then deleted it and it is still there. Someone inside Google doesn't want us showing up for some reason or another. Seems like it should be such an easy fix, especially since SAB's are not supposed to show their address and there is no signage.
"deleting" from your account does NOT actually delete the GBP, no matter what you think it says. Though secondary system may elect to delete it afterward, it is a separate process that is not as... eager to delete as it once was, which is just as well IMO.

Either way I was luckier than you and it seems to be gone now (when I click on the name in my edits, it doesn't go to the profile). It may be a bit to fully disappear for you owing to (perfectly normal) caching delays.
1702924358402.png

Hey Sherm,

I don't know a way of deleting it, but why are you concerned about it?

It is not a listing and it is not spammy, but this sort of useless stuff is a popular strategy for fake local SEOs to offer. I think it was @whitespark who published an article a while ago about this scam, but I cannot to find it.

I mean it's spammy in the sense that I wouldn't waste money buying one :)

But I would spend zero effort worrying about it or trying to get it deleted.

Good morning. Is anyone else seeing this alert in there site? I hope its not just our Profile.

In the GBP:

Starting in January 2024, you might see fewer direction requests and a lower number of people who have viewed your business. This is because Google is making updates to better protect people's privacy and give you more accurate results.

Good morning. Is anyone else seeing this alert in there site? I hope its not just our Profile.

In the GBP:

Starting in January 2024, you might see fewer direction requests and a lower number of people who have viewed your business. This is because Google is making updates to better protect people's privacy and give you more accurate results.

Yes. That is on every profile.

Got a quick question. This looks to be a concern. Is there anything I should do about this? Seems sort of bogus to me. When I click the link it goes to our GBP, but notice the image and address in the screenshot. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot_20240405-072338.jpg

Not sure I'm following what is going on there? Someone is asking you to review your own business?

Hi Rock Star Joy! Actually, what happened is I was sending a link to a customer to give us a Review. And that particular link came up with the info at the bottom. A house cleaning service in Evanston, IL with the address at 2206 W Emerson. And if you notice the picture is for house cleaning. Somehow that link takes you to our GBP Profile, but that information at the bottom that pops up is not ours. Weird to say the least.

That is odd. I would see if other people are seeing that too or if it's just you.

That is odd. I would see if other people are seeing that too or if it's just you.

Thanks Joy for taking the time out to respond. How do I go about doing that? Is there some sort of tool that can be used to see if you have extra listings out there? Because I notice we are getting interactions frequently but not getting people. Google and the internet is so strange at times.

I meant send the link to a few people and see if they also see the wrong business populate in the preview.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom