More threads by Kurt Steinbrueck

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to get a review approved for a client for a couple of months. I posted to the GBP community (here) and got a response from a helpful Silver Product Expert. They escalated the issue. A few weeks later they said it was showing as having been reviewed by Google, however, it still isn't in the client's list of reviews. The Silver Product Expert said it seems Google determined it wasn't eligible.

This is a real review from a real client. Is there a "next level" I can appeal to or am I just out of luck?

Thanks!
Kurt

Hello @Kurt Steinbrueck .

Now if your appeal was denied by the GBP Appeals tool, you can request a second review!
When requesting a second review you can provide additional evidence that wasn’t added with the original appeal.

Hello @Kurt Steinbrueck .

Now if your appeal was denied by the GBP Appeals tool, you can request a second review!
When requesting a second review you can provide additional evidence that wasn’t added with the original appeal.

Hi Alexandros,

Thanks for the reply. The link you included was for appealing a GBP that has been suspended or disabled. To be clear, I'm talking about a review that was posted on an active GBP. The GBP has not been suspended or disabled. A legit customer review has been removed.

Do you know of any appeals process for reviews that get removed?

Thanks.
Kurt

AFAIK Google has a process for determining reviews they see as spammy or not authentic (for whatever reason) and they just remove them. Bradley from Semantic Mastery was talking about this on their stream this week. Basically his angle was that's it arbitrary and not always convenient but just part of the game, YMMV.

Sorry, but if a PE escalated it and it is not showing, then it has been denied by Google at the highest level. And there is no way to appeal.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom